Sunday 8 October 2017

The Summer of 2017 and that time I ran away from home







1. RAN AWAY FROM HOME
So....I know how childish that shounds but I promise I did it in the most adult way i could manage. I was kind of dying. Not the kind of death you can see....The kind I was dying as a creative writer who needed more out of life than she was getting even though she was getting quiet a lot. This year has been marvellous for me, I did so many big, great and amazing things, I lived and loved in my country and I made memories I will always value. There is something in me however, a hunger that only travelling to a place far bigger than I am can feed. This reminds me in a very real way that I am more, that I can do more, that I am stardust and dirt and God's very breath made flesh and it is wonderful. There comes a time when I forget this and my life blood dries up slow. I was circling to drain y'all.

So, I stopped everything and I left my home, alone. I ventured out into a world bigger than me to do bigger than me things and as always it was full of fear and faith, just like I am.

2. I HAD PINK HAIR!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, this is it's own point. It was phenomenal! I've always wanted pink hair! It's been on my bucket list for years but i never dyed my own because I wanted a very specific colour. This year. I had it and it made my soul sing. It reminded me too to trust myself that I knew exactly what I wanted from this life.


3. I HAD SO MANY CRAZY ADVENTURES

I went out into the world and did a compilation of small things that were very big for me when put together. I took buses and trains. I got lost, freaked out.  Visited book stores, ate new food, let myself be uncomfortable and enjoyed being by myself!


4. I SAW MY FRIENDS AGAIN AND MADE NEW ONES

I have a great crew of people who love me scattered all about the world and last year I found jems that were very kind and became very important to me and my life. I saw them again and it made me SO HAPPY just to hug them and

be honest with them in the room and laugh and just....i don't know I cant explain the things I miss about my friends but I just....it gave me life to be with them again on the same side walk.

5. I DANCED


I really like to dance. I danced a lot. haha I even danced for 3 - 4 hours straight one night. It was glorious.

6. I EXPRESSED MYSELF WITH CLOTHES.


My style can be so weird but it was so fun to do as I saw fit this summer

7. I SAW AN OFF BROADWAY PLAY
Which isn't like my dream of seeing a Broadway play but it's closer than not seeing one and I'm working my way up.

8. I BEGAN THINKING ABOUT WHAT MY LIFE COULD BE LIKE IN THE FUTURE.

1 comment

  1. I love your honesty and vulnerability in this post. It was awesome meeting you and definitely looking forward to meeting you again :-)

    ReplyDelete

What say you?

Blog Design by The Blog Store